The 2017 Goats, Music & More Festival Presents
The 3rd Annual 3 Legged Goat Triathlon
October 7th, 2017
200 Meter Swim – 15 mile Bike – 3 mile Run
Start/Finish at Lewisburg Recreation Center – The Lewisburg Recreation Center is located at 1551 Mooresville Hwy, Lewisburg, TN 37091.
The 3 Legged Goat Triathlon is held at The Lewisburg Recreation Center which is located at 1551 Mooresville Hwy, Lewisburg, TN 37091.
For course details see the course page
Relay Team $75
Online Registration Available Soon
Registration will close Tuesday October 3rd, 2017
Entry Fees are Non-refundable
Award Divisions (Male and Female)
14 and Under
• Awards will be presented for 1st place in each division for both male and female.
• Relay team awards will be presented to the 1st teams. Men, women, and mixed teams are 3 different divisions.
• Clydesdale division is restricted to men 220 lbs and over.
• Athena division is restricted to women 165 lbs and over.
• Clydesdale/Athena open division is 0-39 years.
• Clydesdale/Athena masters divisions is 40+ years.
Sponsor: Lewisburg Rec Center
• There is race day registration
• The race is expected to fill several days before the race date — so register early.
• The race is limited to a total of 300 individual participants and teams.
• The 3 Legged Goat Triathlon is a USAT sanctioned race. Thus all USA Triathlon rules apply. You can find a copy of the rules on the USA Triathlon website. All participants are expected to have read and understand the rules.
• Check-in and race packet pick-up will be at the Goats and Music Festival on Friday, October 6th beside the Main Stage from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm. Then on Race Morning at Lewisburg Recreation Center from 6:00 am to 7:30 am Saturday, October 7th.
• Swim Caps Will Be provided.
• If you are a member of a club or team – please indicate the club name on your entry form when you register
• Swim: 200 meter Indoor Pool swim with an approximate 6 second interval seeded start.
• Bike: 15 miles — Out and Back course with some rolling hills but no hard climbs.
• Run: 3 miles — Out and back on Lewisburg Golf Course.
• Swimmers will start sequentially in a “time trial” format.
• Participants will be seeded based on estimated swim time provided on registration form.
• Swimmer #1 will start at 8:00 am with succeeding swimmers starting at approximate 6 second intervals.
• USAT rules indicate that participants may wear wetsuits with no penalty if the temperature of the water is 78 degrees or less.
Summary of some of the most commonly violated USAT Rules
• Ride on the right side of your lane
• Keep three bike lengths between you and the cyclist in front of you
• Pass on the left of the cyclist in front, never on the right
• If you enter the draft zone of another cyclist complete your pass within 15 seconds
• If passed, you must drop completely out of the zone, to the rear, before attempting to re-pass
• Race numbers must be visible and worn at all times
• No garbage, clothing, water bottles, swim gear, etc. shall be thrown on the course
• Headphones are prohibited during the race
• Position violations carry a time penalty for each occurrence. If you are cited for three violations, you will be disqualified
• Always have your chinstrap securely fastened! The helmet and chinstrap rule apply before, during, and after the event.
• Treat other athletes, volunteers, and officials with courtesy and consideration. Failure to do so is called Unsportsmanlike Conduct and you could be disqualified.